2010년 2월 15일 월요일

Ahnsahnghong - Church of God

Being unable to remain silent without preaching the word of God is the work of the Holy Spirit

We must continue to do what God always tells us, not forgetting what we have heard from God. Our supreme task on this earth is to preach God's word that has power to save human beings, that is, the gospel.

Mt 28:18-20 『Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."』

These were the last words Christ spoke to His disciples on this earth just before He went up to heaven. In other words, these last words of Jesus are like a parent's last will for his children. In the above story, when the father said to his sons in his last will that they would find treasures if they dug up the field diligently, the son who continued to do what his father had said was able to fully realize what the treasure, which his father had spoken of, really meant. Likewise, when God tells us to do something, those who think there must be God's will hidden in it and put it into practice can be blessed.
"Go and teach people of all nations to obey everything I have commanded you." We need to examine ourselves: ‘How faithfully am I carrying out this command of Christ?' God has told us to preach the gospel to the entire world—from Samaria to the ends of the earth. Those who are filled with the Holy Spirit follow the desires of the Spirit. So, they do not stop preaching the Word in any circumstances.

Jer 20:7-13 『O LORD, you deceived me, and I was deceived ; you overpowered me and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me. Whenever I speak, I cry out proclaiming violence and destruction. So the word of the LORD has brought me insult and reproach all day long. But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. I hear many whispering, "Terror on every side! Report him! Let's report him!" All my friends are waiting for me to slip, saying, "Perhaps he will be deceived; then we will prevail over him and take our revenge on him." But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. . . .』

The prophet Jeremiah, moved by the Holy Spirit, proclaimed God's word diligently. People ridiculed and slandered him, and even his friends waited for him to slip and live a secular life. Because of severe persecution he faced whenever he preached God's word, he decided not to proclaim the Word again. However, God's word was in his heart like a fire, and he became weary of holding it—he couldn't. Then he went out to preach God's message again.

This is the life of a prophet. God has given a burning heart to all the prophets—all God's children who are to be saved, so that they cannot hold themselves back from preaching the Word.

The reason Jeremiah was weary of holding God's word in was because of the Holy Spirit that was grieved within him. What is most pleasing to God is to lead dying souls to repentance and salvation. So, if this work of salvation is not processed well, how anxious and grieved God must be!
Unless we have such a burning heart, it is proof that the Holy Spirit has left us. Even until the end of the year, if we bear no fruit or have no will to bear fruit or don't feel anxious, we should reflect on ourselves: ‘What's wrong with me?'

If our hearts are filled with the Holy Spirit, the power of the Holy Spirit is manifested through preaching. Throughout all ages, the power of the Holy Spirit has bloomed and brought forth fruit through preaching.

댓글 없음: